Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Add another one to the list

I have to keep a list of the books I've read.  Otherwise, I see a book in the store, the jacket blurb really holds my interest, I pay for the book, get 30 pages into it and realize that it seems very familiar.  I did this with several books over the years before I started keeping a list.  It gives me a great sense of accomplishment to add another title to the list.  The list is arranged alphabetically by author's last name of course.  Does anyone else do this or have other quirky reading habits?  I can't be alone in my reading eccentricities. 

Last night while my boyfriend was in surgery for the largest hemorrhoids this side of the Mississippi I finished Nightwoods by Charles Frazier.  It was short for him, only 250something pages.  Good, not bad, not nearly as good as Cold Mountain, which took me ten years to love, but man do I love it now.  If you like Frazier's writing style and don't want to invest 500 pages of your life, this is a good read with all of his classic Carolina woods scenery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment