Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Is it Ayn or Ayn?

I read my first Ayn Rand book last weekend.  Anthem is a futuristic dystopic novel.  The use of we instead of I threw me for a little bit of a loop.  Yet after reading the very short evaluation of the state of society the most riveting question that I can come up with is...Is her name pronounced Ann or Ine? 

Has anyone read her novels?  I'm told Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged are masterpieces but I am out of time.  My summer vacation is essentially over.  Hours of uninterrupted reading time are a thing of the past.  I'm working on the 4th Harry Potter book, high brow, I know, but this is what I have time for right now.  However, when I return to work with other well educated adults I would like to be able to spout off all of the classics I read over the summer and don't want to be embarassed by mispronouncing the name of Alan Greenspan's friend.  Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment